Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)


​​​​What are the College school times?

​The school day commences with Tutor Group (homeroom) at 8.30am. The school day concludes at 3.00pm. 

Does the school have a newsletter?

Yes, the College newsletter is emailed three times a term to parents within the College community.

Where do I find term dates?

Term dates are available by clicking here.

Does the school have a bus service?

There are two dedicated afternoon Translink school buses (951 and 952) which takes students to Everton Hills, Albany Creek and Eatons Hill. They depart at 3.10pm and 3.15pm from the bus stop at Mitchelton train station - refer to Translink for more information.

Brisbane Bus Lines run a morning and afternoon bus which picks up students from Warner, Cashmere and Eatons Hill and drops them at Brookside Shopping Centre. For more information please contact Brisbane Bus Lines on (07) 3354 3633.

For bus and train timetable information, go to the Translink website ( or Brisbane Bus Lines ( 

Where can I access subject/year level specific information?

All subject and year level specific information ​is available on the Parent Portal. Only parents of current students can access the Parent Portal. Please note that senior school subjects aren't listed on our website as the curriculum is currently changing. Please contact the Enrolments Officer or come along to a College Tour if you have subject specific questions. ​

I'm a past student of Mt Maria College, do you have an alumni group? 

We do. Past students are able to join our alumni group by signing up here​.

​I have a question that isn't answered here, what can I do?

Contact the College Office on (07) 3550 3400 or send an email to


How do we book a tour?

Tours can be booked via Trybooking by clicking here. Registrations for tours are essential. If all tours are sold out, please contact the College Enrolments Officer to secure a place.

How do we enrol?

All enrolments are processed online.  Once you have submitted your application you will receive a generated email requesting further documentation and an application fee payment to be made.  Please note applications will not be processed until all requirements are completed.​

What happens if I want to enrol a student in Years 8-11?

You still have to complete an online enrolment and provide all necessary documentation.  All applications are processed individually by the College Principal.  The Principal will review and advise the outcome of that application.​

How do I pay the enrolment application fee?

Under Enrolments on our website there is the facility to pay via Bpoint or you can pay via the QKR app or EFTpos facilities at the College.​

What year can we enrol our student for a Year 7 enrolment?

You can enrol your child from when they start school.  Enrolments for a Year 7 cohort close at the end of Year 3 so applications need to be submitted with all documentation by then to be given consideration.​


​​How do I pay my fees?​

The preferred method of the College is Direct Debit. The College also accepts payment of College Fees via BPoint Payment (you will need your BPAY reference from your statement)​, the QK​R App, or through eftpos facilities at the College's main reception.

To make an online payment via BPoint for any other College expenses, click here

To make any queries regarding fees or payments please contact the College on (07) 3550 3400 or email​​


​​What days is the Uniform Shop open?​

​The Uniform Shop is open Monday, Wednesday and Thursday from 7.30am - 11.00am.

​​​​Can I order uniforms online?

​​Yes.  There are a few options if you wish to place telephone or online orders.

Telephone orders can be made and paid for by credit card by calling 07 3550 3400 during the shop opening hours and the purchased items can be collected by the student from the Uniform Shop or Student Reception. Please note during busy mornings, it is preferable to call after 8.30am for over the phone orders. 

Parents and students can use the free, downloadable QKR app to order and pay for uniform or stationery items at any time.  The order will be filled on the next day the uniform shop is open and the items can be collected by the student from Student Reception. ​

Where can I buy second-hand uniforms?

Mt Maria second-hand uniforms are sold at  and via the Mt Maria College Uniform Buy, Swap & Sell Facebook group.  ​

​​​How do I use the QKR app?

QKR by Mastercard can be downloaded from:
  • The Apple app store for iPhones (for iPads download the iPhone app): Click Here
  • Google Play for Android phones and tablets.  Click Here
After the app is installed on your phone and you have created an account, tap the magnifying glass in the top right corner of the QKR home screen and type "Mt Maria College" as the QKR label. From then on, the QKR app will recognise you​, and you will be able to select the College from recent locations on your home screen.

QKR can also be accessed via your computer by clicking here. QKR works best in either Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox.

When can students wear their sports uniform?

Students can wear their sports uniform to and from school on the allocated sports uniform day. In 2023, this day is Wednesday. If a student has a HPE lesson on a day other than Wednesday, the student must wear their formal uniform to and from school and change into their sports uniform for their HPE lesson.


How does the College send information?

All information is sent out via the Parent Portal and BCE Connect app. Permission slips for excursions are sent out via the Parent Slips system. Please check your emails regularly to ensure you don't miss important permission slips.​

How do I login to the Parent Portal/BCE Connect? 

You will need the email address you provided the College with upon enrolment. If it is your first time logging in, please follow these instructions: Parent Portal Login Instructions.

If you are having trouble accessing the Parent Portal or BCE Connect, please follow these Troubleshooting Parent Access to the Parent Portal steps. If you still cannot access the Portal after following these steps, please contact the College.

My child is going to be absent, how do I let the school know?

Please refer to the Parent Portal for absentee instructions. 

Where can I find contact details for my child's teacher/s?

Staff email addresses are available in the Parent Portal under the 'School Directory' tab.

How can I access my child's reports?

All reports are uploaded to the Parent Portal and can be found under the 'My Students' tab. Reports do not stay on the Parent Portal indefinitely, so please print them out a time of release to keep for your own records.

My child has left Mt Maria College, can I still access their reports on the Parent Portal?

No. Once your child has left the College, you will be unable to access the Parent Portal. Please print your child's reports at the time of their release to keep for your own records.